He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.
--Albert Einstein --

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Measured Heart

I used to have an arena
dashed with friends and confidence
now my theme is tears

I think it was better once upon a time
when I thought it was all my fault
and I was afraid to cry

Where are you all now?
is it too hard to watch me crumble
and recall me snatching you from the ashes

There's been water flowing under here
and as I flail about - the bridge blights my face
like sandpaper on the cheek I turned

Too late I realize why I was watching over you
and put my hand back in my pocket
a guide is always on his lonely own

There's no satisfaction in you gaining no inspiration
in the way I carried myself
and I'll carry off your darkness still

I guess none of you ever expected
to see me shuffle off without a fight
and allow you to finally measure my heart


August 18, 2007
(the first day of the rest of my life...)

No comments: