He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.
--Albert Einstein --

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Hold the Door





I want the world in black and white
I need snowflakes in contrast
Against this colorless climb
Ask me to do the impossible
And when I do you complain
About how I got it done
I used to know that I could make it
Almost every time I did
But now all the confidence I had
Got sucked into this blurring
Of smallness and oblivion
I never got to sing with the crowd
I still hold the door
For the world that ignores
Anything I’ve ever done
Swept away with a viciousness
I’ve got one more left
Run until I bleed
Try until I burst into the next
And for one moment
Someone somewhere will say
That I’m the best



November 29, 2009

No comments: